When trans girls say they’re the most beautiful i get it, even though i’m not trans. When Asian girls say they’re the most beautiful, i get it, when any other women of color other than black women (which i am) say they are the most beautiful women on the planet i understand…
According to /r/Minimalism, this is “art”.
and according to much of the internet, terrible Mordecai/Twilight Sparkle shipping scribbles on DA are “art” so how about we shut the fuck up about what constitutes art and what doesn’t
Out of context this doesn’t look like much but I looked up the person who made this and his other photographs are really cool.
This is from his “Paint Chips Project” and gives a really humorous view to how colors can represent items. These are best seen large so you can properly see the writing on the color card to help see the words on them.
(canary on a perch: above)
(knife cutting fish)
—***Flawless (feat. Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche)
JESUS CHRIST AKA BEYONCE DO ONE TOUCH ME
No one’s gonna mention how amazing this is? Okay, I fucking will. This is the most feminist song I think I have ever heard in my life. It features a clip from a mixture of a couple different speeches by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche who is fucking flawless by the way and I recommend watching one of her TED talks if you want a quick impression.
The clip says, “We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls, ‘You can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful otherwise because you would threaten the man.’ Because I am female, I’m expected to aspire to marriage. I’m expected to make my life choices always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important. Well marriage can be a good thing— It can be a source of joy and love and mutual support. But why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage when we don’t teach boys the same? We raise girls to see each other as competitors, not for jobs or for accomplishments— which I think can be a good thing— but for the attention of men. We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings in the way that boys are. Feminist: the person who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.”
Beyonce is literally proclaiming to the world that she’s feminist, and that she is here for herself. She isn’t a wife, she’s a woman who just happens to be married. This song is fucking beautiful, bye.
Is he ever coming back? It remains to be seen, but that will certainly shut down debate. There really won’t, I mean, he’s a Christian man — I grant you, he did not say this in the kindest way – but why can’t there be a debate about it? Why can’t there be a back-and-forth, a discussion — you know, that’s how he feels, and you say how you feel, instead of saying, ‘You are fired, you are basically canned.’
Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, defending Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson, who was suspended for remarks in an interview comparing people in the LGBT community to drunks, thieves, and prostitutes. Robertson was suspended indefinitely by A&E for the comments.
Here’s the thing Megyn, we’ve had that conversation. We’ve had that debate for decades. What more do you think we need to say here? And what new info did this clown supposedly bring to the table here?He’s not the first guy who’s ever said, “Them homersexuals is bein’ immoral ‘cause th’ Bible.” He’s not exactly breaking new ground here. How long are we supposed to sit back and listen to the same tired, unconvincing, insulting arguments and over and over?
Kelly isn’t calling for a debate — and neither are the rest of Roberston’s defenders. She’s asking for the right to hurl insults at people in the LGBT community, while members of that community shut up and take it.Sorry folks, that part of the “debate” is over.
Said No One Ever!
Said me, actually. Why?
- Those funny books and websites with Chuck Norris jokes? He sued them.
- Chuck Norris has given thousands of dollars to the Republican party since before some of us were born.
- Norris said that Obama being reelected would bring on “socialism or something much worse” and "1,000 years of darkness". Hmmm… that wording’s not problematic at all, right?
- Chuck Norris vocally supported California Prop 8, saying, “[P]ro-Prop. 8 votes weren’t intended to deprive any group of its rights; they were safeguarding their honest convictions regarding the boundaries of marriage.”
- His good buddy Rick Perry (who only seems opens his mouth when he wants to piss me off) made Chuck Norris an honorary Texas Ranger ten years after the show was canceled.
- He thinks schools should not allow LBGTQ students to participate in the Day of Silence. Norris asks, "Is encouraging or teaching about homosexuality what our forefathers expected for the public education they founded?"
- For Chuck Norris, promoting Christianity trumps freedom of the press. "How abhorring it is when the freedom of the press is abused to demean the biblical God?"
So fuck Chuck Norris.
FINALLY SOMEONE SEES HOW MUCH OF AN ASS HE IS!!!